Who we are
CEBC collects, analyses, and compares information to establish best practice models while monitoring industry trends and gathering relevant experiences. By fostering a strong network, we facilitate knowledge exchange and collaboration among members.
Members are involved in building control or in the development of appropriate legislation and standards associated with health, safety, accessibility, energy conservation, and sustainability aspects of the built environment.
The CEBC is the data controller. This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
By accessing and using this website you shall be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions in full. If you do not accept these terms and conditions in full you must leave this website immediately.
You are permitted to print and download extracts from this website for your own non-commercial use on the following basis:
- no documents or related graphics from this website are modified in any way.
- no graphics from this website are used separately from accompanying text.
Unless otherwise stated, the copyright and other intellectual property rights in all material on this website (including without limitation photographs and graphical images) are owned by CEBC. Any use of extracts from this website other than in accordance with the above paragraph is prohibited.
Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to your computer’s hard drive for records keeping purposes. Cookies are common, being used to improve how a website works. Cookies contain information that can be used on particular sites and to tailor a visitor’s experience on the website or provide data that can be used for analysis by our web servers.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How do we process your personal data?
The CEBC complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- to enable us to provide a services to members as specified in our constitution,
- to administer membership records,
- to manage our delegates,
- to maintain our own accounts,
- to inform you of news, events, surveys and activities of CEBC,
- to share your contact details with the CEBC member associations so they can keep you informed about news, events, surveys and activities in which you may be interested.
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about news, events, surveys and activities and keep you informed about CEBC activity.
Processing is carried out by a not-for-profit body and:
- the processing relates only to members or former members (or those who have regular contact with it in connection with those purposes),
- there is no disclosure to a third party without consent.
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other members of the CEBC in order to carry out a service to other CEBC members or for purposes connected with the CEBC. We will only share your data with third parties outside of the CEBC with your consent.
How long do we keep your personal data?
CEBC will hold and use personal data only as long as it is necessary to perform CEBC activities.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- the right to request a copy of your personal data which the CEBC holds about you,
- the right to request that the CEBC corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date,
- the right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the CEBC to retain such data,
- the right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time,
- the right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints, please contact the CEBC Secretary General at email@example.com.